Pantry Pest (Indian Meal Moth)
The infested area is the only area treated.
- If you cannot close off the area being treated, you need to leave for 2 hours. All pets and birds should be removed from the premises for 2 hours. Fish tanks should be covered with a towel and circulator turned off or unplugged.
- If anyone has respiratory problems or is pregnant, they should check with their doctor first.
How to Prepare
- You need to go through all your dried foods such as cereals, macaroni, beans, cake mixes, spices, etc. to find where they are breeding and throw it away. You will find them breeding in something. They can also be in dog food and things made with wicker such as place mats.
- This must be done before the technician gets there, he cannot wait:
- Do not scrub after we spray.
- It would be good for you to vacuum in each room, where you have seen the moth, where the wall meets the ceiling. The kitchen should be vacuumed in this same area plus under the windowsills, and the underside of the edge of the counter. These are areas where they make their cocoons to turn into moths. It is a very fine web that can hardly be seen, unless you are looking for it. If you have seen the worm stage, it is dirty white in color with a black dot at one end.
It does take 7 days to bring infestation under control.